A clip in the second trailer for Harry and Meghan’s docuseries, which apparently illustrates paparazzi hounding the couple, was actually taken as Katie Price arrived at court last year.
The duke speaks of the “pain and suffering” of women marrying into the Royal Family, and as he says in the voiceover that he does not want “history to repeat itself”, a clip shows men running with cameras.
The clip was recorded as Price arrived at Crawley Magistrates’ Court last December to be sentenced over a drink-driving charge, Sky analysis revealed.
In a still taken from the trailer and a photograph taken by the PA news agency of Price outside court, the same cameraman is wearing a grey jumper.
The clip in the trailer has been flipped.
Meanwhile, a photograph used in the first trailer for the upcoming Harry And Meghan series was taken at a Harry Potter premiere and is not connected to the Royal Family.
The trailer shows several photos of the couple looking happy and relaxed, with the Duke of Sussex saying that “no one sees what’s happening behind closed doors”.
After the paparazzi image is shown, he says: “I had to do everything I could to protect my family.”
The photograph, which appears in the trailer in black and white, shows a big group of photographers holding up long lenses, looking eager to get a shot.
After questions were raised about where and when the image was taken, Sky News analysed the photograph and confirmed it was captured at the premiere of Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part Two in July 2011 – attended by stars including Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, and author JK Rowling.
Harry and Meghan did not meet until five years later, in 2016.
A comparison of the paparazzi photo below with the image underneath, taken from a video feed of the Harry Potter premiere, shows the same photographer and a towel in both shots, among other matches.
The Harry Potter premiere photo is available on Alamy, an image website, and is the first to come up under the search term “paparazzi”.
Doug Seeburg, a photographer for The Sun, is in the shot.
Speaking to the newspaper, he said: “I remember going to the premiere. It was a huge event.
“Crowds and crowds of fans had turned out in the rain and camped overnight to see the actors. There were no members of the Royal Family there.”
He added: “In the Netflix trailer it’s implied the photographers, including me, were trying to get a shot of the royal couple – but that’s nonsense.”
Sky News has contacted representatives for both Netflix and the Sussexes for comment about the photograph.
Netflix has promised the series will provide an “unprecedented and in-depth” look into the couple, who will “share the other side of their high-profile love story” over six episodes.
The first volume of the series will launch on Thursday, with the second volume to be released on 15 December, the same date as a Christmas carol service hosted by the Princess of Wales.